Nothing says love like a big pot of hot, homemade, delicious soup. Our friend Cindy from Vancouver, WA created this absolutely divine Italian-style creamy soup for us, using Isernio’s All-Natural Italian Chicken Sausage and NW favorite Hempler’s handcrafted bacon. It would be a perfect home-cooked meal for your sweetie this Valentine’s Day!
The best part is this soup cooks all day in the slow cooker, leaving you more quality time to spend with your loved one. Serve it up with some warm crusty bread and a salad (on a candlelit table for two, of course) for an easy romantic meal!
- 1 pound Isernio Italian Chicken sausage roll
- 4-6 russet potatoes cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 cans white beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tsp thyme
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Chopped Parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Brown sausage in a sauté pan add onion and cook with sausage until onions are softened.
- Place sausage/onion mixture, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes, and white beans in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.
30 minutes before serving:
- Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
- Add cream and thyme to the crock pot, stir.
- Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Top with bacon and parsley immediately before serving.