The National Institutes of Health has declared February “American Heart Month.” Heart disease is a leading cause of death in the United States for both men and women, but there are lots of things you can do to protect your heart and stay healthy.
One of the best things you can do to promote heart health is to eat a heart-healthy diet which includes lean meats, minimally processed foods, and foods low in saturated and trans fats. Isernio’s ground chicken, ground chicken breast, and chicken sausage products are great options to include in your diet for many reasons, including:
- Isernio’s Ground Chicken is 96% lean.
- Isernio’s Ground Chicken Breast is 98% lean.
- Isernio’s Ground Chicken is minimally processed and made only from whole muscle skinless chicken with no fillers.
- Isernio’s Chicken Sausage is low in saturated fats and contains no trans fats.
- Isernio’s Chicken Sausage contains no fillers or preservatives and is extra lean, containing 82% less fat than traditional pork sausage.
- A standard 4-ounce serving of Isernio’s ground chicken is lower in fat and calories than ground turkey, and has just as much protein as ground beef.
Start making heart-healthy swaps this month by choosing Isernio’s lean chicken products and pairing them with other heart-healthy veggies, fruits, and whole grains. Use our product locator to find them in a store near you!