Are you new to meal prepping? This popular practice involves carving out time to prepare and portion out several meals in advance. It’s commonly used by health-conscious individuals to plan out their meals and keep their nutrition on track, but it’s also helpful for the budget-conscious person who wants to cut down on restaurant or take-out expenses, or the time-strapped individual who wants grab-and-go meals at their fingertips.
Isernio’s protein-packed products make them well-suited for any meal prep recipe. Our pork and chicken sausages and lean ground chicken options deliver flavor-packed nutrition and stand up well to reheating. Plus, our commitment to filler-free recipes mean they fit perfectly into a clean-eating diet.
Ready to get started? Here’s what you need to know about living the meal prep lifestyle.
1. Have the right containers. You’ll need a good supply of right-sized containers with leak-proof lids for easy travel. It’s ideal if you have stackable containers for easy fridge storage. If you plan to take items like salads, make sure you have smaller containers for salad dressing and other toppings.
2. Choose the right recipes. Not every recipe is well-suited for meal prep. Grains, beans, nuts, hearty vegetables, and most types of meat work well. So do casseroles and soups. Soft fruits and vegetables that may become mushy while stored aren’t the best choice. Neither are crunchy or crispy items like croutons, fried foods, or chips/crackers. These should always be packaged and stored separately.
3. Consider reheating. If you’re taking an item that needs reheating, remember that all items in your meal prep container will be reheated together and for the same amount of time. You may want to undercook steamed vegetables by a minute or two to account for the additional cook time during the reheating process.
Recipe Ideas for Meal Prep
Ready to get cooking? Here are some of our favorite Isernio’s recipes to use for meal prep.
- Skillet Orange Chicken
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Chicken Taco Salad
- Chicken and Black Bean Quinoa Taco Skillet
- Vietnamese-Style Noodle Bowls
- White Bean Chili
- Simple Stuffed Peppers
- Italian Sausage Stew with Farro and Broccolini
- Anytime Chicken Meatballs
- Lentils with Sausage
Check out our complete product line to find nutrition information on individual items and identify the products that best fit your macros or other dietary needs. Use our product locator to find them in a store near you, and enjoy the variety of delicious and healthy meal-prepped dishes you’ll make!
Comments are closed.