It’s always fun to look back on the year and see what you guys were into on our social media pages. Turns out, you all love sausage and ground chicken. We knew we liked you! Here’s our countdown of the Top Ten posts on our Isernio’s Facebook page in 2020.
Archive | Blog RSS feed for this section
Breakfast casseroles are a popular choice for Christmas morning. They’re easy to cook, easy to eat, and many can be assembled the night before. If you’re looking for a special Christmas breakfast recipe to try this year, here are ten that are all loaded with sausage. Make them with your favorite variety of Isernio’s to make the morning extra special!
- Overnight Breakfast Sausage, Egg, and Veggie Strata: The title says it all – assemble the night before, and just pop it in the oven on Christmas morning. Couldn’t be easier!
- Sausage Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole: Do you have a tradition of cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning? Make them next-level with the addition of sausage!
- Apple Sausage Pan-Cake: This sweet-and-savory oven-baked treat will become a new family morning favorite!
- Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Casserole: Biscuits and gravy? Good. Biscuits and SAUSAGE gravy? Great!
- Holiday Breakfast Bake: No boxed ingredients here; just real food!
- Sausage & Cheese Grits Breakfast Casserole: A southern classic turned into a casserole.
- Breakfast Cowboy Casserole: This make-ahead casserole is hearty and filling, with French bread that soaks up the eggs to create an irresistible, fluffy texture.
- Tater Tot Sausage Breakfast Casserole: Do you have picky eaters? This casserole has tater tots, no veggies, and is bound to be a hit.
- Southwest-Style Low Carb Breakfast Casserole: You won’t even miss the carbs in this flavor-filled, satisfying casserole.
- Easy Cheesy Breakfast Casserole with Sausage, Hashbrowns, and Cheese: Diced hashbrowns make this casserole reminiscent of country fried potatoes.
We here at Isernio’s wish you the merriest of Christmases and the happiest of holidays. Here’s to a season of good food and full hearts; we’ll catch you again in the new year!
Find our products in your local retailer with our product locator.
Meals on Wheels does fantastic work for seniors in our community. This year has been especially difficult for many, and Meals on Wheels has stepped up their game. In 2020, they have averaged nearly 12,000 meals EACH MONTH to homebound seniors in Whatcom County. Most receive a week’s worth of frozen meals, bread, and milk for each delivery, but some seniors unable to reheat their own meals are visited daily with hot food. Not only does the provide them with a valuable source of nutrition, but it’s also an additional safety net for these vulnerable community members who receive more frequent contact and wellness checks simply by receiving a meal delivery.
Meals on Wheels also has a weekly drive-up meal distribution program where seniors can receive a hot meal and six additional frozen meals. This is a much-needed solution for those who were accustomed to visiting a local senior center for a hot meal pre-pandemic. This service is averaging 7,500 meals each month.
Overall, demand for food assistance through Meals on Wheels has increased a whopping 44% since the beginning of the pandemic, and we’re so thankful Meals on Wheels is able to meet the need. Recently we were able to volunteer with one of their distribution programs. In addition, Isernio’s has financially supported their fundraising efforts and contributed sausage to their weekly meal boxes.
If you know of a senior who is struggling, please share this amazing resource with them. And if you have the means, consider donating to support the cause. In this unprecedented year where so many are having a hard time, seniors have been hit especially hard. They’re at higher risk for COVID-19 complications, but they’re also at huge risk right now for undetected physical or mental health issues due to isolation. Meals on Wheels is caring for our seniors in a way that many others can’t right now – with both food and compassion.
Thank you to Meals on Wheels for all they’re doing in our community!
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it’s likely that Thanksgiving celebrations will look a lot different than most of us are accustomed to. Instead of big gatherings with extended family, dinners will be smaller and more intimate. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy all of the traditional dishes you love.
We’ve crafted a menu to help you celebrate this untraditional Thanksgiving with traditional flavors, just on a smaller scale.
Appetizer: Sausage Pumpkin Pinwheels
These puff pastry pinwheels are the perfect snack to curb your hunger while waiting for the main meal.
Main Dish: Rock Cornish Hen Stuffed with Sausage
Don’t skip the poultry just because you’re not making a whole turkey! This recipe that serves 4 makes right-sized portions of the stars of the show: the bird and the stuffing!
You don’t have to skip your favorite side – but you don’t have to have a giant baking dish of it, either. This stove-top version is not only smaller, but healthier, too!
The mushrooms give this creamy risotto an earthy flavor that’s perfect for the holiday. This recipe serves 4-6 and is easily halved if you want an even smaller dish.
No need to make two dishes when one will do! This recipe blends two of your Thanksgiving tabletop favorites into one savory dish.
Salad sprinkled with the flavors and textures of the season is a perfect way to round out your meal.
Dessert: Easy Apple Tarts
Think you’ll have room for dessert? Make a tray of these!
Isernio’s is proud to be crafted with premium ingredients to make your holiday dishes shine. Check out our full line of products including traditional pork and chicken sausage, mild or hot Italian, and specially-seasoned ground sausage and chicken options. Though Thanksgiving won’t be the same, we hope you don’t let the small celebration temper your gratitude. COVID may have taken our gatherings, but it hasn’t taken our blessings.
Happy Thanksgiving. We’re grateful for you.
We take pride in adding new products to our line-up that we know our customers will love. And we’re exceptionally proud of our newest additions because they not only reflect the quality you’ve come to expect from Isernio’s, but they’re here to make your life easier, too.
Meal Starters consist of our premium chicken sausage mixed with a custom blend of seasonings to add effortless flavor to any dish. They’re great at any time of the day – mixed in with your morning eggs, as a topping for your lunchtime salad, or as the flavor centerpiece for endless dinner options.
Our Meal Starters come in three varieties – read on to meet the newest members of the Isernio’s family!
Roasted Garlic and Herb
Cooking a classic? This is the one you want! Our chicken sausage is seasoned with garlic and herbs for a savory addition to dishes like pasta, lasagna, casseroles, pizza, or soup.
Sweet Chili & Ginger
The sweetness of this variety mingles with the other robust flavors of your favorite Asian dishes. Try it in stir fries, lettuce wraps, egg rolls, or on your salad with a tangy soy-based dressing.
Southwestern Style Chile & Garlic
Looking for a punch of flavor? This option is great in tacos, on Southwest-style salads, with a breakfast scramble, or in soup. With a hint of heat and a traditional smoky flavor, this might become your new go-to for Taco Night.
Our Meal Starters offer a no-fuss dinnertime solution that add effortless flavor to even the most basic of dishes. You can even take them camping for a campfire skillet meal that requires NO extra seasoning!
See? We told you they’d make your life easier.
For the past five years we’ve participated in a local golf tournament supporting Folds of Honor, and not even a global pandemic could keep us from returning this year.
We teamed up with our local PNW food cousins Hempler’s and Fletcher’s and did what we do best – feed people! We handed out pepperoni sticks and grilled up hot dogs to keep the golfers fed. All with appropriate PPE, of course.
The Muckleshoot Casino Washington Open Invitational was held at Meridian Valley Country Club in Kent, WA July 31-August 2. In conjunction with the associated auction it raised $48,000 for Folds of Honor.
Folds of Honor is a non-profit organization that offers scholarships to spouses and children of fallen or disabled service members. They honor the sacrifice of our nation’s heroes by standing in the financial gap to ensure affected families can still afford primary, secondary, and higher education.
The weather was beautiful and the atmosphere was lively. We feel so privileged to be able to support good work that’s going on in our community; we were thrilled to participate in such a worthy cause, and even more ecstatic that it was such a successful fundraiser. We look forward to participating again next year!
Your summer probably isn’t looking like you expected it to. 2020 has definitely thrown us all a few curve balls. So we thought it would be timely to bring you some news to brighten your season for the next couple of months:
Isernio’s ground chicken is available at Northwest Costco stores for the summer season!
If you haven’t tried Isernio’s ground chicken, now is the time. And if you’re a tried-and-true fan, it’s time to stock up. Our ground chicken rolls are available in a four-pack in the freezer sections of northwest Costco stores at a fantastic value.
Isernio’s ground chicken can be used as a healthy and flavorful swap in any recipe that calls for ground meat. You’ll immediately notice it tastes lighter and more fresh than ground beef or pork, and is juicier than ground turkey. This is because we only use whole-muscle skinless chicken with no fillers, additives, or preservatives.
Just chicken. Nothing else.
In fact, did you know that a standard 4-ounce serving of Isernio’s ground chicken:
- has less fat than ground beef or ground turkey?
- has fewer calories than ground turkey?
- has the same amount of protein as ground beef?
Chicken wins in every category – including flavor.
Ground Chicken Recipe Ideas
Once you’ve picked up your Costco haul of Isernio’s ground chicken, it’s time to get cooking. Here are some of our favorite ways to use ground chicken!
Burgers: Who doesn’t love a good burger? We have lots of tips on how to keep your burgers juicy. You can also try one of these flavor-packed recipes!
- Green Chile Chicken Burgers with Cheddar and Grilled Onions – Smoky roasted green chiles, grilled onion rounds, and sharp cheddar cheese make this the next-level burger recipe you’ve been searching for.
- Grilled White Cheddar Chicken Burgers with Apple Slaw – Whole fennel seeds and melted white cheddar inside these ground chicken burgers adds a pop of flavor into every bite. Topped with a slaw made from fresh ingredients including sweet apples, these tasty burgers will please a crowd.
- BLAT Burger – Top your burger with bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato for a fresh and flavorful burger! For a cut above, use Hempler’s bacon and support our local PNW cousin!
Meatballs: Lighten up your traditional meatballs by using juicy ground chicken instead of beef or pork.
Tacos: Simply use your regular taco seasoning, or try our original recipe for Baja Chicken Tacos.
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad: No bland or dry chicken here. Make flavor-packed chicken patties to top your salads with this amazing recipe!
Asian-Inspired Recipes: Stir-fries are simple when you swap ground chicken for diced chicken. Try these!
- Spicy Chicken & Cabbage Lettuce Cups – Plenty of tangy crunch and lean protein will make this easy skillet meal a popular choice for the whole family on a weekly basis.
- Skillet Orange Chicken – Using ground chicken means this classic dish is on the table is less time than it takes to grab take-out!
With so many delicious possibilities, what are you waiting for? Grab your ground chicken at Costco today and get creative in the kitchen!
What’s your favorite way to use Isernio’s ground chicken?
We know you want to spoil dad on Father’s Day – but so do the kids! Instead of tackling complex recipes that make them feel excluded, choose simple but indulgent dishes that the kids can have a hand in making. These kid-friendly options are bound to be a hit in any family – after all, the secret ingredient will be love.
- Here’s a cute idea – make roasted peppers and onions but spell out “dad” in sausages. Older kids can help cut the veggies, while younger kids can help with assembly.
- Meatballs! Kids of any age can help mix and form meatballs. You can serve them in traditional marinara sauce, or get creative with one of these serving suggestions.
- Skewers are fun to make and fun to eat. Little hands will love helping put together this special meal for dad.
- Ravioli Lasagna is a hearty twist on the classic. Kids of any age will have a blast layering frozen ravioli in place of regular noodles. Add cooked ground sausage to your sauce for extra flavor.
- Everybody loves pizza (especially dad!) so make an upscale version by putting together an Italian Sausage Stromboli. The kids will enjoy spreading the toppings and helping to roll up the dough to put in the oven.
- Dad won’t complain about pizza for breakfast. Simple scrambled eggs and crumbled ground sausage are easy to make with supervision the night before, and assembly’s a breeze in the morning.
- Sausage & Pepper Quesadillas elevate the typical fare but are simple enough for kids to manage stove-top. Just make sure you’re close by in case they need help flipping!
Don’t forget that your final dishes are only as good as the ingredients you choose. Use Isernio’s sausage to make any recipe feel upscale. Choose from links or rolls, chicken sausage or traditional pork, spicy or mild. There’s an Isernio’s variety for every preference!
What will you (and the kids) make this Father’s Day?
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- August 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- June 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- May 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- December 2009