We know you want to spoil dad on Father’s Day – but so do the kids! Instead of tackling complex recipes that make them feel excluded, choose simple but indulgent dishes that the kids can have a hand in making. These kid-friendly options are bound to be a hit in any family – after all, the secret ingredient will be love.
- Here’s a cute idea – make roasted peppers and onions but spell out “dad” in sausages. Older kids can help cut the veggies, while younger kids can help with assembly.
- Meatballs! Kids of any age can help mix and form meatballs. You can serve them in traditional marinara sauce, or get creative with one of these serving suggestions.
- Skewers are fun to make and fun to eat. Little hands will love helping put together this special meal for dad.
- Ravioli Lasagna is a hearty twist on the classic. Kids of any age will have a blast layering frozen ravioli in place of regular noodles. Add cooked ground sausage to your sauce for extra flavor.
- Everybody loves pizza (especially dad!) so make an upscale version by putting together an Italian Sausage Stromboli. The kids will enjoy spreading the toppings and helping to roll up the dough to put in the oven.
- Dad won’t complain about pizza for breakfast. Simple scrambled eggs and crumbled ground sausage are easy to make with supervision the night before, and assembly’s a breeze in the morning.
- Sausage & Pepper Quesadillas elevate the typical fare but are simple enough for kids to manage stove-top. Just make sure you’re close by in case they need help flipping!
Don’t forget that your final dishes are only as good as the ingredients you choose. Use Isernio’s sausage to make any recipe feel upscale. Choose from links or rolls, chicken sausage or traditional pork, spicy or mild. There’s an Isernio’s variety for every preference!
What will you (and the kids) make this Father’s Day?
Comments are closed.