Think of it as our gift to you: 12 unique recipes created by Seattle chefs using Isernio’s products.
Today’s 12 Days of Sausage recipe comes from Seattle’s very own culinary socialite and caterer, Rocky Yeh.
- 8 Isernio’s Bangers, casings removed
- 1/3 lb caul fat soaked in water (NOTE: caul fat can be found at most butcher shops. Soaking it in water makes it easier to work with, just squeeze water out before use)
- 8 sage leaves, pre-frying optional
Over 2-3 inch ring mold place piece of caul fat about twice the size of the mold. Lay down sage leaf, then fill with banger, using approximately the amount from one link. Wrap up with caul fat forming a cylindrical package. Remove from ring mold. Repeat until you have 8 packages. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook crepinettes 5-7 minutes on. each side (the caul fat will cook away leaving a crispy exterior). Remove from heat and drizzle shallot sauce over it (recipe below).
- 1 large shallot, or about ½ to ¾ cup finely minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup ham, veal, or beef stock, ham preferred
- 1 cup port
- Salt and pepper
Heat saucepan over medium heat, melt two tbsp of butter. Add shallots. Reduce heat to low, cover and caramelize shallots for 30-45 minutes stirring occasionally. Bring heat up to high and add stock, reduce by half. Add port, and reduce by half. If you want a very smooth sauce, use a hand blender at this point to blend the sauce. Mount sauce with remaining butter and remove from heat.
Check out more photos of this recipe here!