Here is Agnes G’s recipe for a low-carb sausage stuffing. She says her guests don’t even touch the bread stuffing anymore. They beg for this dish so she has to quadruple the recipe!
Agnes will be receiving a coupon for a FREE Isernio’s Chicken Sausage roll for sharing this recipe with us. You can get free sausage too – just send us your favorite recipe for sausage stuffing (email to: in**@is*****.com) before Friday November 18!
Sausage and Herb Low Carb Stuffing
- 3/4 pound Isernio’s Chicken sausage (you may use pork breakfast sausage)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup diced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Equipment: 8 by 8-inch square baking dish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove sausage from casing and crumble it into a pan over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook, stirring, until browned. Drain fat if necessary.
Beat the eggs in a bowl. Using a spoon, mix in the sausage mixture and all the remaining ingredients. Pour the stuffing into the baking dish and bake until hot and browned, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.