Here is Agnes G’s recipe for a low-carb sausage stuffing. She says her guests don’t even touch the bread stuffing anymore. They beg for this dish so she has to quadruple the recipe!
Agnes will be receiving a coupon for a FREE Isernio’s Chicken Sausage roll for sharing this recipe with us. You can get free sausage too – just send us your favorite recipe for sausage stuffing (email to: in**@is*****.com) before Friday November 18!
Sausage and Herb Low Carb Stuffing
- 3/4 pound Isernio’s Chicken sausage (you may use pork breakfast sausage)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup diced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Equipment: 8 by 8-inch square baking dish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove sausage from casing and crumble it into a pan over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook, stirring, until browned. Drain fat if necessary.
Beat the eggs in a bowl. Using a spoon, mix in the sausage mixture and all the remaining ingredients. Pour the stuffing into the baking dish and bake until hot and browned, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Comments are closed.