Think of it as our gift to you: 12 unique recipes created by Seattle chefs using Isernio’s products.
Today’s recipe comes from Top Chef contestant and former chef/owner of Crave, Robin Leventhal. It’s a fancy twist on “Pigs in a Blanket.”
Piggies en Croute
- Thaw a sheet of puff pastry unwrapped for about 30 minutes, or until you can open it without cracking apart.
- On a floured surface roll out until 1/3 larger than original size.
- Place an Isernio’s Hot Italian sausage link on the dough and wrap with pastry until just covered. Dampen edge in order to seal the seam and then freeze at least 20 minutes to set up.
- Slice with very sharp knife on a bias at 1/4″ and place on parchment lined and greased sheet pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden and puffy, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with Apricot Mustard or sauce of your choice.
NOTE: These can be pre-sliced and kept frozen as a ready-to-bake quick appetizer or try it as a “crouton” for a bowl of soup!
Check out more photos on our Facebook page.
Comments are closed.