Our very own Taylor has been busy in the test kitchen and put together this easy yet delicious pasta dish with spicy sausage and seafood. The simple flavors all combine for a hearty and fragrant main dish. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Any seafood can be used in this pasta according to your preference (substitute in shrimp, scallops, etc. instead of the clams or calamari if you like). Precooked/frozen seafood can be used to speed things up as well.
Sausage & Seafood Pasta
2 Tb. olive oil
1- 1 pound roll Isernio’s Hot Italian Sausage (pork or chicken), or 4 links removed from casings
2 shallots, minced
1 head of fennel, medium sized, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 pound cooked clams
1/2 pound cooked calamari or squid
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 pound angel hair pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Crumble sausage into skillet and cook, stirring, until it begins to brown.
- Add in shallots, fennel and garlic and cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Pour wine over sausage mixture, bring to a boil, then simmer until wine has reduced 50%
- Add in chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Put clams and calamari into pan and cover for about 5 minutes.
- Add in heavy cream and cook uncovered for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture over noodles and enjoy.
Comments are closed.