It’s our holiday gift to you – the 12 Days of Sausage giveaway! We’ve been collecting your favorite recipes using our sausage, and drawing winners to receive a FREE box of chicken sausage rolls delivered right to their door! Today’s winner is Diane M. of Sumner, WA. Below is her recipe for Chicken Meatballs – what a great idea to use chicken sausage and ground turkey to make a lean AND tasty meatball! For the sausage, you can use either Isernio’s chicken links removed from the casing, or save a step and use our Chicken Sausage Rolls, either Hot or Mild Italian. Congratulations Diane, and thanks for the recipe!
- ½ pound of ground turkey breast (or try Isernio’s Ground Chicken)
- 2-3 links of Isernios ground sweet Italian chicken sausage, removed from casing
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 10 or so leaves Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- Minced garlic to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet Walla Walla onion
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheese (provolone or asiago)
Add dried bread crumbs until you get good consistency. Form balls and cook in skillet with olive oil or bake in oven on parchement paper. Great for Italian Meatball soup!