We have another winner in our 12 Days of Sausage giveaway! Barbara M. of Kirkland, WA wins a box of FREE chicken sausage rolls delivered right to her door! Congrats Barbara! Below is her recipe for tomato sauce with sausage – it looks delicious and easy. What could be better?
And there is STILL time for you to enter your favorite recipe using our sausage. Just email it to us at email@example.com. We’ll be drawing another winner tomorrow, Thursday and Friday!
Tomato Sauce with Medium Hot Isernio’s Italian Sausage
- 6 Oz. Rotini Pasta
- 4 Tbls Olive Oil
- 4 Whole garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 Cup onions finely chopped
- 2 – 28 oz can peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Reggiano
- 1 lb Medium Hot Isernios Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- Heat oil in skillet, cook garlic until browned, add onions.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cook onions until soft, about 10 minutes. Add thyme.
- Puree tomatoes in food processor until smooth. Add tomatoes to onion mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add the basil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add salt as needed and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling water per instructions. Drain well. Add olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking together.
- Remove sausage from casings. Cook sausage in a little olive oil until the sausage is browned.
- Add 1/2 cup red wine and cook until almost evaporated. Add the sauce to sausage mixture. Now add the sauce to the cooked pasta. Garnish with Parmigiano Reggiano.
Makes a great dinner with a salad and garlic bread.